Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
They are an exciting tech start-up that is disrupting the agriculture sector across Africa. They build and deploy technology to level the playing field for buyers and sellers by lowering the cost and risk of transacting with smallholder farmers. Through our platform farmers can access financial services, discounted agricultural inputs, information and markets for their crops, all via their feature phone.
Their vision is to become the leading virtual marketplace for rural buyers and sellers in Africa that uses Machine Learning for delivering tailored services.
Looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to play a pioneering role in creating and leading a world-class software engineering team. The role is for someone who has demonstrated experience in guiding teams to deliver successful products in a fast-paced environment.
● Establish and maintain world-class software engineering practices creating a codebase that is highly maintainable, reusable and performant
● Work with product management in delivering continuous iterations of product features on time and with quality in agile development cycles
● Design and maintain a continuous delivery platform infrastructure that allows for rapid automated application testing and deployments
● Design and implement security and data protection
● Work with our Data Science team to deploy our machine learning model in the cloud
● Maintain clear and up to date software documentation
● Mentor a team of junior developers to help the company and individuals grow
Skills and Qualifications
● Hands-on approach in executing projects and guiding junior developers in a fast-paced environment
● Foundational and working knowledge in Cloud Computing with knowledge and/or experience in implementing cloud security best practices such as Identity and Access Management (IAM), data storage
● At least 8 years’ experience in Software development
● In-depth understanding of computer programming, data structures, algorithms, techniques, and SDLC
● Expertise in using SQL based database management systems
● Well rounded knowledge of back-end, front-end, and android development practices.
● Experience in developing J2EE applications using Spring Framework is helpful but not essential
● Masters in Computer Science is preferred but not essential