Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company is a leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through its smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. It is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital.
- You will help drive all application-level aspects of the company’s SaaS operations.
- You will build, deploy, analyze, troubleshoot and scale the service wherever and whenever.
- You will collaborate closely with Engineering and Data Scientists on all architectural decisions and stay current on nascent technologies to make influential recommendations.
- You will operate very large relational and NoSQL databases, queuing systems, pub-sub servers, and other core infrastructural components.
- Tinkerer- you love to try out new tools and technologies to further improve the platform.
- Technology Toolbox- you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras.
- Leader- you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your teammates. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions.
- Solutions Driven- experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.
- Global Thinker - you have the passion to deploy a service that is truly global and love the chance to solve complex problems that arise from this.
- 2+ years experience in DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef/Puppet, PagerDuty, NewRelic, Splunk).
- Expert knowledge in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ElasticCache, VPC, VPN).
- Proficiency in Cloud and Application Security, and Certification (ISO-27001, SOC 1, SOC 2).
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Math.
- Proficiency in Agile development process.
Preferred skills & experience:
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment.