Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company is a financial service provider based in Kenya and Rwanda that offers payment plans for consumers and businesses looking to buy and sell products and services in monthly installments.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a Tech lead who will be responsible for guiding our team of talented engineers towards building out critical components of our software and applications. Our stack is currently built with Ruby and Angular with a few Node based microservices. If you enjoy working with a lot of freedom, and are capable of managing, and meeting project timelines, then this is the role for you!
As the tech lead, you will need to wear many hats in order to lead your team towards the successful and timely completion of the projects you are working on. The ideal candidate should be excited to mentor, influence, and lead a team, as well as be an expert in at least one
language or domain.
- Create and implement short and long-term strategy with regards to technological growth.
- Together with the Product Manager, work on identifying project risks and implementing
- strategies to mitigate these risks.
- Support the design process by providing feedback and guidance to the UI/UX designer.
- (Does not need to be a designer, but should have an understanding of basic design principles. I.e. can give feedback on what looks good, and provide suggestions on potential improvements)
- Manage the performance of, and provide regular feedback to the software development team.
- Participate in code and technical design reviews.
- Provide Mentorship and guidance to the Tech Team.
- Collaborate with different departments to deliver on cross functional projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years of professional development experience.
- Familiarity with AWS and Heroku as a cloud computing platform.
- Strong Communication skills, with the ability to get the message across to both technical & non-technical staff
- Prior use of CI/CD tools, with an understanding of the patterns and principles of TDD.
- Past experience building out and executing annual project roadmaps.
- Past experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Past experience leading a team of software engineers is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Ruby, including patterns and best practices.
- Experience with building RESTful APIs and/or Microservices.
- Experience with development/design of large-scale software projects
- Familiarity with Docker or Kubernetes is an added advantage.
- Experience with testing frameworks and site monitoring tools