Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our client.
They are a social enterprise building the technology and finance infrastructure that powers mobility across Africa. Their mission is to make mobility safe, affordable and accessible to 1 billion Africans.They provide Asset-Backed Vehicle Financing, Driver Training, eHailing Platform, Insurance, and Identity Management services to its network drivers. They are looking for a dev ops engineer who will carry out the following activities:
- Collaborate with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to manage code releases.
- You will cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams.
- Keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test..
- Administer the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Apply cloud computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes
- Perform troubleshooting, support tasks on servers and containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Troubleshoot networking problems
- Automate the deployments, infrastructure as code
- Oversee the GCP relationship management – raising tickets and chasing their resolution
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability
- 3 years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Monitoring
- Expert in code deployment tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Minimum of 2 year of experience with GCP/AWS/Azure cloud computing
- Experience with Network Administration, Server, and Application-status monitoring
- Experience working on Kubernetes, Docker
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools such as:
o SCRUM/Kanban/Extreme Programming o JIRA/Trello
o Version Control (Github/Bitbucket)
o TDD(Test Driven Development),
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning and automation tools Terraform or Cloud Formation is a plus
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch Bonus