Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company was founded in late 2009 to disrupt the media landscape in Tanzania. At that time their main mission was to show that there were other methods of doing ATL advertising and the focus was on physical installations. They pivoted in mid-2010 and evolved into a full-service Digital Agency with their minds still on disruption but from an agency-driven view.
About the role:
This position reports directly to the Head of Technology and will work closely with the Immediate Project team and Technology Support team, as well as other software developers.
You will be required to provide development and maintenance services to new and ongoing development projects and deployed services and solutions. The Ideal senior candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, Java/PHP5/MySQL development experience, and will be able to get up to speed quickly with the project that is designated to him/her.
- Report to the Head of Technology and support in implementing teamwide best practices
- Able to engineer and plan new products.
- Be able to pitch new products for development, spin-
- off or investment.
- Be able to future-proof the company and its projects.
- Set direction and be the lead architect on all projects where required.
- Interact with software systems engineer or other technical leader to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development
- Attends to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues
- Support management of the team’s technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance.
- Develop and maintain code to a high standard within IT development and maintenance projects
- Audit existing developments for integrity, learnings and development quality.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve support issues as they arise.
- Provide accurate estimates for development work in conjunction with the other departments within the designated project.
- Perform unit testing of work.
- Write documentation and comment code as required.
- Ensure code is properly version- controlled
- Understand code releases cycles and versioning
- Be on call for support requests as required.
- Ideal candidates should understand object oriented development, and apply OO concepts to everything they do.
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle: from requirements gathering and functional specification
- Understanding of Web technology and environments
- Candidate should be familiar with frameworks and libraries
- in Java
- Candidate should be familiar with modern database management systems such as MySQL
- Experience with micro-services architecture
- Good knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and
- remediation techniques
- Good knowledge of network architectures, protocols, and standards
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Organised, Resourceful, Confident, proactive self-starter.
- Able to work independently and within a Project team.
- Ability to think laterally to solve problems
- Be an excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or
- related field.
- Minimum 10 years experience
- UX Design experience
- Web Services - Experience building modern web services
- Social App Development - Experience in building social sites or apps (Facebook, etc.)
- Knowledge of Android/iOS platforms.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns and frameworks
- Front-end development knowledge including Responsive web design.
- Good understanding of the organisation’s products and services
- Understanding and comfort in Agile/Scrum driven development