Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company develops products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Their product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Their Payments Platform enables users to pay for services through their mobile or web browser. Their key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America.
About the work...
The ideal candidate should be able to work effectively with other developers, project lead, and quality assurance engineers to solve complex issues, build and maintain a scalable, highly available, secure, and robust system.
- Collaborate with an autonomous team of developers, designers, testers and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Build and maintain the payment solutions which could be used by millions of users in Africa
- Be involved in architectural and design discussions, building toward an efficient, extensible and secure payment system
- Improve test coverage and quality of the products
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, paradigms, constructs and idioms
- Strong knowledge of web architecture and distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of concurrent programming and thread handling
- Care about quality and understand what it means to ship high-quality code
- Understand how to write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, performant and easily
- maintainable code
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Agile work processes
- Self-motivated, structured, and able to take initiative as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
Ideal job requirements
- Knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, idioms, framework and tools:
○ Goroutine and channel patterns
○ Go’s templating language
○ Popular Go web frameworks, such as Gin
○ Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
○ Writing unit and functional tests
- Knowledge of web security
- Knowledge of continuous integration/delivery