Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. They provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. They measure success by their ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with the company.
They are growing quickly. They currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
About the role:
As a DevOps engineer, you will improve efficiency and integration across the IT Operations, Quality Assurance, and Software Development Teams. You would be involved in reviewing and altering processes/procedures across the organization, reviewing and integrating third-party tools as appropriate and maintaining the test servers used internally. After training, you would also help automate the production server environment and react to problems as they occur.
The company has a strong culture of constant learning and they invest in developing people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. The company holds career reviews every six months, and sets aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
They are seeking an exceptional employee, ideally with a demonstrated passion for the company's mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 2+ years of technical work experience required. Examples include a demanding professional work experience or entrepreneurial experience. Bonus points if this work was in a developing country or NGO-related.
- Strong educational background; Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong, demonstrable technical skills in the C family of languages (C# preferred, related languages such as Java acceptable), SQL (MSSQL preferred) and shell scripting (Powershell preferred)
- Knowledge of Network Architecture and Server Administration (IIS/Windows tools)
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms (Azure preferred)
- Knowledge of Software Development Process and DevOps Tools, including:
- Version control software (Git preferred)
- Build automation tools (Jenkins preferred)
- Deployment tools (Octopus Deploy preferred)
- Automated Testing Tools (JMeter, Katalon and Selenium preferred)
- Configuration Management tools (Docker, Otter preferred)
- Monitoring Software (Splunk preferred)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently/self-manage
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Motivated problem-solver with a history of taking on independent side-projects.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English required in all locations.
PREFERRED START DATE
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes. East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Please submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes, Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurriculars, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interview