Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
We have a passionate and highly engaged team based mainly in East Africa and we are looking to quickly grow the Barcelona team to speed-up the growth and make sure we can build exciting verticals on the platform. We're searching for engineers who are looking for the opportunity to work for an international company, as well as the challenge of being an early member of our Barcelona team.
Note: This role will be based in either Nairobi or Kampala
About the work...
As the Head of Data Analytics, you will partner closely with operations, product and tech to identify and prioritize problems, formulate analytical strategy and roadmap to inform decisions to address these problems, hire and develop the team, and deliver awesome work. You have a passion for data science and analyzing real world problems with data!
- Lead and grow analytics. You will be the data lead across multiple markets, products and countries in Africa
- Responsibility in ensuring our data can be used to make business decisions
- Work with the CTO and the Engineering team to ensure we get the most out of our data
- You will work alongside senior management to drive the company to scale
- Understand the Africa-wide business needs and create insightful analysis for internal teams to make the right decisions
- 5+ years of work experience in data analytics providing analysis and the necessary data to make the right decisions
- At a minimum a Bachelor's degree with excellent grades in a quantitative field, Data Science degree is a plus
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively about ambiguous technical and business problems
- Expert in gathering data from different sources - APIs, Excel and other databases
- Expertise with SQL and other programs
- Knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau, etc.
- Solid proficiency in working with analysis tools such as R, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit, Jupyter/iPython notebooks etc.
- Ability to grow and manage a team under your guidance
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and business teams
- Excellent communicator via written documents, data and in oral presentations
- Love our product and always be curious about how it works or could be made better
- Live the values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in East Africa.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free Motorbike transport
- Free lunch every day