Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company is a rapidly growing, mission-driven software company that is creating a more connected and productive global agriculture industry. They are an incredibly diverse team of technologists, scientists, and academics with a shared passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on the most basic level.
About the work...
They are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
- Leading the development of high quality, high performance software
- Data API design and service implementation
- Data storage architecture and optimization
- Develop computational models to predict various facets of agricultural markets using data related to crop production, weather, environment, consumption, infrastructure, transportation, trade flows, prices, and socioeconomic indicators, amongst others
- Implement sophisticated but easy data visualizations and interactions
- Develop large scale data harvesting and transformation systems
- Technical leadership experience
- Very strong computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms)
- Strong understanding of statistics and mathematics
- Strong system design experience
- Experience with large scale systems, parallel computing, distributed storage
- Bachelor's level degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field; or relevant work experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Familiarity with statistical modeling tools (R, MatLab)
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP)
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Understanding of relational databases and distributed databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, Bigtable)
- Basic knowledge of Node.js
- Graduate degree / Research experience