Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our customers, who may want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company hiring...
A well respected, successful publisher of books and education content in East Africa is tackling digital head on. From the CEO on down the company is positioning itself as the provider of choice for content regardless of the distribution channel. They already have some products and need a leader to help them refine and grow those products as well as innovate new products that will help the business grow.
About the role...
This is a leadership role the includes a mix of technical product development, customer experience, and business performance work. You'll use the company strategy to identify opportunities in the market and lead product development from ideation to development to launch and maintenance. You're not alone of-course, you'll collaborate with engineers, designers, analysts, operations, marketers, and sales. Collaboration includes both alignment to priorities as well as strong execution against agreed plans.
Technical Product Development
- Explore new technologies with potential for innovation
- Map out technical architecture with the company CTO
- Develop detailed technical and non-technical requirements for engineers
- Identify and enroll vendors and employees to execute projects
- Design and run development sprints
- With engineers to ensure features and systems are delivered to the degree of quality and scalability needed
- Regularly study and build empathy for the user to identify new needs, pain points, and preferences
- Enroll others into the user empathy, data analysis, and market insight processes
- Ensure that user experience, features, and workflows within the platform deliver the expected business requirements
- Develop user journeys and experiences that will delight customers as well as help them learn
- Creatively explore new ways to increase engagement
- Manage roll-out and training of new features with customers
- Develop data signaling system to track customer behavior and conversions to increase transactions and growth
- Optimize business processes and product journeys to minimize technical and operating costs
- Identify high ROI opportunity investment areas for innovation
- Understand the company's strategic and competitive position and guide leaders towards smart investments with clear concepts and execution plans
- Define the go-to-market plan and work to ensure that relevant teams have what they need to be successful
About your skills...
We'd expect you to be familiar and/or proficient in the following skills and tools:
- Building models and plans using spreadsheets and planning tools
- Communicating concepts and performance to leaders as well as team members
- Experience working with and influencing a wide variety of stakeholders including customers, leadership, partner companies, engineers, and designers
- An understanding of technology systems, a variety of code languages, a web/internet tools
- Competency in business analysis, product management, data analysis, user experience design, web technologies, and agile development.