Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About Our Client.
Our client provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, they provide value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward.
About the Role.
We are seeking an experienced Risk Analyst to join our team. The analyst will be responsible for identifying areas of risk on the platform and implementation of ways we can mitigate or catch these. As an owner of key fraud metrics, you should have the analytics experience, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness to identify, measure, and mitigate new and emerging loss vectors.
In this role, you will require a mix of business and technical acumen and also strong cross-functional skills to communicate with various senior company stakeholders.
● Responsible for assessing areas of both driver and customer risk on the platform and develop new strategies to keep fraudsters off the platform.
● Developing rules and systems to detect fraudulent behavior on the application.
● Leading data-driven experiments to test the effectiveness of these rules and systems
● You will serve as the subject matter expert and thought leader on analytics/data-driven and productised solutions that mitigate risk of financial losses while also maintaining a positive user experience
● Responsible for driving vision and execution of our risk mitigation strategy
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, data science with a focus on the Risk/Fraud mitigation.
● Report on progress and challenges to the senior management team.
You should have:
● Bachelor’s degree in a business/finance/science-related field;
● Solid analytical skills and advanced experience of Excel;
● At least 4 years’ experience in a fast-paced and innovative professional environment. Risk/ Fraud fighting experience a big bonus!
● Pro-active ability to move fast, innovate and find creative solutions;
● Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with other teams.
● Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment and make self-guided decisions. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work in a self-guided manner.
● Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
● Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team.
● Competitive salary based on experience
● Free lunch