Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our client.
They are a social enterprise building the technology and finance infrastructure that powers mobility across Africa. Their mission is to make mobility safe, affordable and accessible to 1 billion Africans.They provide Asset-Backed Vehicle Financing, Driver Training, eHailing Platform, Insurance, and Identity Management services to its network drivers.
The QA Engineer role plays an important part in the company’s product development process, this role is responsible for designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
- Mentor team members on automation
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
- Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback on the status of quality
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow
- Have experience in Unit testing, UX Testing, UI Testing, Integration testing of APIs, Performance and scalability testing and Security Penetration Testing
- Strong background in, and at least 3+ years of working in QA automation
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Concordion, Selenium, SoapUI, Katalon, Postman, Appium, Jest
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
- Building test infrastructures using containerization technologies such as Docker and working within continuous delivery / continuous release pipeline processes
- Testing enterprise applications deployed to cloud environments such as AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience leading a team
- Understanding of NoSQL and SQL database technologies
- Degree level qualifications in a technical related subject
- SaaS experience
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools such as:
o SCRUM/Kanban/Extreme Programming o JIRA/Trello
o Version Control (Github/Bitbucket)
o TDD(Test Driven Development),
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch Bonus