Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our Client...
A venture-backed technology company operating in East Africa and India. They build and deploy dense networks of cloud-connected points inside local corner stores, which serve as consumer access points for goods and services delivered in partnership with major suppliers. The first consumer solution is a liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which delivers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar market for urban cooking fuel. It’s delivered through Vivo Energy, the owner/operator of Shell-branded fuels distribution infrastructure across Africa.
As Senior Engineer, you will lead a team of server side engineers in building high performance, large scale server side applications using best in class software engineering practices. As a senior leader, you will inspire your team to achieve engineering excellence while maintaining a pragmatic approach towards software delivery.
What You Will Do:
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and high-performance applications
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Integrate data storage solutions such as relational databases, key-value stores, blob stores, and data warehousing
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implement software engineering best practices and ensure code and process quality through regular code reviews, proper documentation, and improvement initiatives
- Ensure seamless release of all features to production environment and reliable feature performance at all times
- Manage Level 2 support functions, including immediate fixes to any critical defects or essential enhancements in the live systems
- Build a strong engineering culture within the team and groom junior engineers
- Exercise pragmatism and maturity in managing, planning, and executing engineering tasks to strike a balance between business and engineering demands
- Track and optimize the total business value delivered at all times
What You Will Bring to the company...
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years experience working on projects at scale across the technology stack from engineering to dev ops
- Expert skills in Python and related frameworks such as Django and Flask
- Experience developing RESTful applications
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with Cloud/ SaaS architectures
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Postgres and one or more of ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Superb skills in object-oriented and functional programming and design
- Strong understanding of design patterns or a well-supported opinion on why they're overrated
- Firm grasp of multi-threading, databases (relational or non relational), I/O, and networking
- Experience with IoT technologies such as MQTT, XMPP, RFID, NFC, Wireless technologies