Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About Our Client.
Our client provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, they provide value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward.
About the Role.
We are currently migrating our legacy back-end application from PHP to Elixir and breaking the monolith into Elixir umbrella apps. We use Postgres as our main database but use MongoDb for some parts of the application. We cache heavily with Redis. Our web applications are built with
Angular but we''re slowly moving to Vue.Js. Kotlin and Swift are the language of choice for our Android and iOS apps respectively.
What you will do
Help rearchitect our current legacy application from PHP to Elixir
● Own your work: lead projects from concept to completion. You’re in control of your own success.
● Build & improve code for new and existing products
● Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularization, designing cohesive interfaces, and making the call on technical trade-offs.
● Collaborate in technical reviews to strengthen our architecture and system designs.
● 3+ years experience in software development
● Degree in Computer Science or related field
● Experience with Elixir/Phoenix in production
● SQL and NoSQL knowledge
● Demonstrated experience producing readable and testable code
● Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services (especially REST)
● An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing—you enjoy reviewing others code and sharing your knowledge
● Demonstrated ability to work independently
● Excellent communication skills - you can spar with engineers, product owners, and other stakeholders
● English language fluency
Nice to have
● Experience with PHP/Laravel
● Have worked with Google APIs (Maps and Places)
● Experience with automated build and deployment tools