Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the Company.
The company's mission is to expand access to healthcare for underserved patients, families, and communities across the world. They are a distinct business within the company that maximizes social impact alongside financial sustainability. The company designs service models with and for communities that integrate digital and product technologies across the patient care continuum.
About the Role
Our client is looking for a talented designer and researcher to join as their Design and Research Lead, Kenya. This person will work closely with the Head of Innovation to design new social enterprises from scratch and improve the ventures we already have launched. As the
Design and Research Lead, you will drive our design process in India including discovery, synthesis, concepting and prototyping.
You have a diverse background in design research methods including: service design, ethnographic research, UX design research and prototyping.
This is a full-time 6-month consulting role with the possibility of the position turning into a full- time offer. There is flexibility in terms of home-base, however, Nairobi would be preferred. The position will be global and will likely involve travel within India and potentially to the United States, Kenya and Ghana.
- Work with the Head of Innovation to continually evolve innovation, strategy and practice
- Structure and develop comprehensive research approaches and plans aligned to company strategy
- Lead early stage research including developing and executing on interviews, focus-groups and immersive research methods
- Participate in and lead synthesis, co-creation and ideation workshops with a range of stakeholders
- Lead later stage research including developing and executing on prototyping and testing plans to interrogate key assumptions across multiple concepts
- Participate in the agile development process, partnering with engineering, design, and clinical teams to develop well-crafted user experiences
- Interface with commercial teams to explore key business challenges, uncovering actionable insights through design research
- BA/BS degree in Design Research or any related field from a leading institution (MA/MSc preferred)
- 2-3+ years of experience working as a design researcher, service designer, innovation strategist, interaction designer, UX designer or similar role
- Demonstrated expertise in service design, ethnography, UX design research, prototyping and other qualitative and qualitative research methods
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools
- Exposure to web and mobile-based product development using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Excellent presentation, collaboration, and communication skills
- 1-2+ years of experience working at a leading design firm (preferred)
- Experience working in underserved communities (preferred)