Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
We have a passionate and highly engaged team based mainly in East Africa and we are looking to quickly grow the Barcelona team to speed-up the growth and make sure we can build exciting verticals on the platform. We're searching for engineers who are looking for the opportunity to work for an international company, as well as the challenge of being an early member of our Barcelona team.
Note: This role will be based in either Nairobi or Kampala
About the work...
In 2016, we launched our platform on Heroku with a MongoDB, PHP backend with front ends on web, iOS, and Android. In 2018, our daily ride numbers increased 30x. We are now in the process of raising Series B financing and are going to use it to modernize the engineering platform and upgrade our backend technology operations.
Our Tech Stack
Our stack We are currently migrating our legacy back-end application from PHP to Elixir and breaking the monolith into Elixir umbrella apps. We use Postgres as our main database but use MongoDb for some parts of the application. We cache heavily with Redis. Our web applications are built with Angular but we're slowly moving to Vue.Js. Kotlin and Swift are the language of choice for our Android and iOS apps respectively:
- Drive the architecture of our platform. We are open to solutions so long as they are able to be implemented and operated by our small & growing team.
- Develop, improve, maintain, and document infrastructure management systems.
- Empower our development teams to master configuration, deployment, auto scaling and monitoring of their application landscape
- Own your work: lead projects from concept to completion. You’re in control of your own success.
- Collaborate in technical reviews to strengthen our architecture and system designs
- 4+ years DevOps experience
- Pragmatic approach to engineering that strikes a balance between beautiful code, maintainability, and time to market
- Solid understanding of the following: Database management systems. Docker and containerization. Systems monitoring, alerting and analytics with NewRelic, StatsD, Graphite etc.)
- Excellent communication skills - you can spar with engineers, product owners and other stakeholders
- English language fluency
Nice to have
- Experience with Heroku with PHP/Elixir