Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our Client...
A venture-backed technology company operating in East Africa and India. They build and deploy dense Networks of cloud-connected points inside local corner stores, which serve as consumer access points for goods and services delivered in partnership with major suppliers. The first consumer solution is a liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which delivers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar market for urban cooking fuel. It’s delivered through Vivo Energy, the owner/operator of Shell-branded fuels distribution infrastructure across Africa.
As Junior Server Side Engineer, you will be part of a team of passionate Product Managers and Engineers who will lead the technical strategy, design, and development of high-quality products that deliver a first of a kind solution in Kenya and beyond.
- Lead workstreams with Product and QA to design and develop our applications
- Work with peers to find efficient solutions for architectural problems
- Improve test automation by writing unit tests and guiding others in this process
- Implement CI/CD processes
- Keep up to date with the open-source ecosystem to ensure new frameworks and technologies are being used in the company’s applications
- Manage Level 3 support functions for production systems which include immediate fixes to any critical defects or essential enhancements in the live systems and setting a high standard for such support service levels within the engineering team
- Contribute to building a strong engineering culture of technical excellence within the team
Requirements for the role...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert understanding of Python, Django, Flask, and third party frameworks tools and SDKs
- Strong knowledge of UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Expertise in integrating front end and back end RESTful applications including offline and synchronization techniques
- Experience developing real-time, low-latency, high-availability, and high performing applications using IoT technologies and communications (MQTT, etc)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with Cloud/ SaaS architectures