Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
At the click of a button, we provided a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, we are providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Nairobi, Kampala and Barcelona, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
Note: This role will be based in Kampala
To lead the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for mobility in cities in Africa. You are responsible for shaping the product roadmap (Portal / Dashboard), developing the product positioning and owning the growth strategy for the Portal. You will work with and energize the team to deliver highly impactful product development.
Looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Manager to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced company and industry.
● Lead all dimensions of product development: visioning, long-term road mapping, daily prioritization, feature design, development and testing.
● Be the Lead of the Portal – make the tough calls. Support the development team and hold them accountable.
● Manage and lead a growing team and work with the CTO and CPO to steer product development.
● Communicating with stakeholders on the product, its development, performance, opportunities.
● Be aligned and coordinated with the CPO and the rest of PMs to build
- Have 3+ years of experience in product management, development and design, delivering highly successful and innovative products
- Have 5+ years of experience as a developer of a Portal / Dashboard and a solid understanding of the web development process
- Experience managing successful web initiatives from concept to completion
- Have an understanding of computer science and agile development methodologies
- Focused on building businesses, not simply features. Experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- You are excited to become a master of their product, have great knowledge of their market, customers and competition
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills
- Possess strong data analysis skills. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Strong undergraduate degree (or higher) with demonstrated strong academic performance