Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
At the click of a button, we provided a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, we are providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Nairobi, Kampala and Barcelona, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
About the role:
- Become a domain expert in your product areas and conduct rigorous data analysis to
help improve customer experiences and identify profitable growth opportunities
● Manage your Product Backlog. Create the list of backlog items and prioritize them based
on the overall strategy and business objectives. Additionally, you will need to map out
project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development.
● Understand and anticipate the client’s needs to more effectively manage the
● Effectively communicate a project’s impact, priority, development approach, size, and
release plan to the internal and external stakeholders
● Maintain the development team focus on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of
requirements so that they can concentrate on what they do best: create a great product!
● Facilitating development by working with design and UX teams to ensure the developers
have the things they need to keep moving forwards
● Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to build
world-class products and design hypothesis-driven experiments; make clear, coherent
and holistic recommendations based on test results
● Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
● Improve product experiences for all our customers using data science techniques and
monitoring product performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner of Apps (iOS and Android)
● In-depth knowledge of UI/UX conventions on mobile platforms and in user-centered
product development as well as related tools and processes.
● 3+ years experience in product management, customer experience management,
business analysis and software engineering.
● 3+ years experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
● Experience managing successful Apps initiatives from concept to completion
● Strong experience working with designers to deliver UX/UI
● Strong business process design and transformation skills
● Focused on building businesses, not simply features. Experience building and leading
businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
● Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work with in a team with a diverse set
of experiences, backgrounds, and skills
● You are excited to become a master of our product, have great knowledge of our market,
customers and competition
● Possess strong data analysis skills. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve
Nice to have
● Entrepreneurial mindset
● Experience working with offshore resources
Every person on our team:
● Has fun and is passionate about their work
● Plays a critical role in the company's success
● Is willing to pitch in and do whatever is needed
● Cares about their co-workers and our customers - drivers & passengers
● Get stuff done - flexible work hours
Sometimes and in some roles you’ll need to be in the office, however, it’s about getting
the work done. We’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It’s
● Mental hydration
The only way to stay sharp in the office is to make sure you leave it from time to time. Go
for a stroll, pump some iron, play some Fifa. No-one will judge you or look over your
● Vacation - up to you!
Creativity feeds on outside stimulation, not staring at the same four walls day in, day out.
That’s why we offer a generous holiday allowance. You can freely pick when to do your
● Grow yourself - we can help this