Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company bridges gaps in food and market security through an organised platform for an efﬁcient, fair, transparent and formal marketplace. They source quality produce from thousands of farmers, providing them with a ready guaranteed market, and deliver from their pack houses to thousands of vendors, at prices fair to everyone. Their dedicated team consists of over 400 professionals in sourcing, sales, logistics, ﬁnance, tech, administration and HR.
About the role:
As a Dev-ops Engineer, you will report to the technical team lead and you will be responsible for:
● Working with the team to brainstorm on technical problems
● Continuously improving the quality of the codebase
● Ensure deployed code is secure and conforms to best practice
● Ensure the system uptime
● Incorporate feedback from QA team and external stakeholders into the code
● Determine technical feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
● Develop and author documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
● Improve operations by conducting systems analysis
● Involve yourself in research, prototyping, wireframes, interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team where applicable
● Coding of elements created by the Design team
● Consulting with other business units and the technology department leadership team to achieve business goals and objectives.
● Researching technology trends
● Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in relevant organizations.
● Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
● Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
● Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related work and tasks as needed.
Skills And Qualifications
● At least 3 years experience working with server side programming languages
● Experience with microservices. Experience with Nameko is a plus
● Basic knowledge in android and front-end technologies
● Experience working with Oauth2 and JWT
● Experience with Postgres RDMS
● Working knowledge in Google Big Query a plus
● Working knowledge of docker
● Setup and administration of backups
● Experience working with APIs consumed by mobile and desktop devices
● In-depth knowledge of SQL including common optimization techniques and knowledge of best practices in continuous delivery
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and workflows, such as Git/Gitflow
● Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
● Working knowledge of GraphQL will be an added advantage