Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company is on a mission to elevate the careers and livelihoods of millions of blue-collar professionals, artisans, and other informal workers through the use of technology. The company makes it easier for households and businesses to connect with high-quality
professionals. Currently, they have verified professionals in over 50 categories ranging from cleaners to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors.
Through the use of technology, they unlock important career tools such as digital profiles, product galleries, customer reviews, and more.
As a company, they are a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of developers, hustlers, planners, and doers. They provide the freedom and tools necessary for people to be comfortable and successful in their work and in return expect high performance and a culture of excellence. They value ambition, curiosity, candor and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.
About the role:
As an Android Engineer you enjoy making beautiful user interfaces. You love the Android stack and you know it inside out. You love implementing app designs to pixel perfection and a good user experience deeply satisfies you.
You’ll be responsible for:
● Building scalable and highly usable android applications using Kotlin
● Helping to build and extend the most beautiful app for the informal sector in Kenya
● Implement mobile app based on high fidelity designs
● Solve (many) real problems using tech
Successful candidates will have all or most of these qualifications:
● Show why you are suited for this position, rather than just tell us
● Fluent English
● 3+ years of formal work experience as an Android engineer
● Deeply experienced in Kotlin
● Experience with unit testing
● Experience integrating with REST Apis
● Clean, organized code style
● Good understanding of popular programming paradigms (e.g. object orientation, functional programming ...)
● Able to fit into a fun and outgoing work environment
● Work experience and/or relevant educational background