Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company is seeking a driven individual with an interest in building alternative financial infrastructure for frontier markets, hyper-organized and result-oriented to manage a fast-growing team of operations associates.
Working under the guidance of the Head of Strategic Growth, the Global Infrastructure Manager - Banking & Payment is responsible to manage a team of operations associates to achieve company metrics of revenue, cost of sales, customer satisfaction & operational efficiency by working closely with banks/payment processor in the country or region assigned to internal teams (Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Sales, Finance and Treasury)
Location can be in Nairobi, Dakar, Lagos, London or Madrid
- Acquire / Nurture / Maintain strong relationships with global and regional banks / telcos / payment processors to optimize and expand our global payment infrastructure
- Build global roadmap of infrastructure maintenance, optimization and expansion projects in alignment with revenue, cost of sales, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency metrics
- Manage a team of 3-5 operations associates to build their own country / regional roadmap and execute end-to-end projects
- Build monitoring systems to identify risks and ensure accountable delivery across different jurisdictions.
- Analyse data and search for new features to constantly improve our payments product offering
- Work closely with internal senior leadership of Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Sales, Finance and Treasury
- 5 to 8 years of working experiences in EMEA region
- Prior experiences in scaling financial service (or FinTech) operations in EMEA region by acquiring and managing partnerships with banks, aggregators and telcos.
- Prior experiences in building and scaling market expansion teams remotely
- Prior experiences / knowledge in treasury back office, various settlement systems (SWIFT, Cheque clearing, Inter-bank systems, TT, RTGS, EFT) and end-to-end FX wholesales operating model
- Existing senior executive relationships with global / regional banks / telcos / payment processors required (prefer candidates who has relationships in EMEA region)
- Strategic planning: understand bigger picture of the industry, competition and company, able to shape team strategy and mobilize resources to achieve ambitious targets
- Business development: able to acquire and maintain C-level relationships, great oral & written presentation, commercial negotiation
- Project management: able to create effective monitoring system on project performance, task (re) prioritisation and mitigate risk effectively
- Critical problem solving: able to find root-cause and find the optimal solutions with balance of speed & feasibility
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific sales / project management tools/software (such as Pipedrive or Trello)
- Advanced Powerpoint / Keynote skills to make executive-friendly presentation materials Language: English is must, either French/Spanish/Arabic is a plus
Mindset & Approach to Work
- Get Things Done: Be willing to dive into trenches and do whatever necessary to get the ball across the finish line
- Systematic Thinking & Data-driven: Logical, structured & always use data to guide decision making
- Agility & Creativity: Love finding creative and quick solutions to solving ad-hoc issues Priority: Prioritise immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals
Valid work permit in the location you are applying for - We don't sponsor work permit until probation (3-6 months) is confirmed
- Be part of an international, ambitious and successful team
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry Diverse career growth opportunities
- Competitive salary