Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About Our Client.
Our client provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, they provide value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward.
About the Role.
The client is looking for a Head of Business Intelligence & Analytics. As the most senior data analyst in the organization, you’ll take an active role in shaping the way that we use data science and analytics to shape our products and services. You will build a team that interacts with the product, operations, marketing, and finance to propose insights, build and monitor KPIs, develop experiments, and deploy models that help enhance and grow the company!
The ideal candidate is an experienced data-driven business person with strong data analysis and business strategy experience. This means having a structured hypothesis-driven, problem-solving skills, and an experimental, start-up mentality. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with and rolling out BI systems, is equally comfortable writing a complex SQL query with presenting findings to the C Suite and should be passionate about growing and managing a young team.
You will work closely with the senior management of the company and will play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s future.
- Lead BI, Data Science and Analytics across the organization and build a team to drive this work. Ensure that all departments are using data and insights to inform their strategy.
- Coach and manage a team of data analysts and data scientists.
- Manage the roll-out of BI tools to ensure we have world class dashboards and analytics software.
- Ensure that the day to day data needs of the entire organization is met including reporting pipelines, dashboards.
- Identify key market-level questions and hypotheses and own the data analysis needed to test and answer these questions
- Design, run and analyze experiments to scale and improve performance in different departments
- Develop a culture of data-driven decisions at all levels
You should have
- A graduate degree or equivalent in a quantitative field such as engineering, math or statistics, or MBA
- +8 years of professional experience including BI, investment banking, consulting, data science, tech or a start-up. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of experience using data to solve real-world, large-scale problems.
- Prior management and team-building experience necessary. You will have the opportunity to scale, build and develop a team of analysts and data scientists.
- Proven business strategy and consulting experience - you have the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently while solving problems in a structured manner.
- Data analytics expertise with a passion for quantitative analysis. Knowledge of software packages for data analysis is a plus. Be an Excel whizz and comfortable modeling and manipulating data.
- Proven ability to work well across different teams and get things done.
- Live the company values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free lunch every day