Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
Logistics in Africa is broken! It’s super fragmented, informal and very costly, making it difficult for small business to trade in Africa. The company is on a mission to solve this problem. They have built the first efficient shared logistics platform for Africa that will create new possibilities for small businesses and transporters.
They looking for someone obsessed with building stable and secure mobile apps at scale and is passionate about trying out new things. They believe in end-to-end ownership of projects. For any given project, they have a go-to person. While they don't necessarily do all the work themselves, they ensure it gets done. They launch prototypes early to ascertain they're building what users actually want.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Obsess about the customer
- Design and develop advanced mobile apps
- Help implement product features on the mobile apps
- Prototype and redesign features to improve the customer experience
- Work closely with product and design teams to customize the experience for the mobile platform
- Ensure the technical feasibility of designs
- Bug fixing and optimizing application performance
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Design and implement engineering solutions and procedures with simplicity in mind
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Have an open mind and keep up to date with the volatile product needs, industry best practices and standards and implement them to ensure we have a stable and scalable product
- We'll surround you with people that love little details and bring out your best
Be open and transparent within your team and the rest of the team
- You became an engineer because you like writing software that helps people.
- You have a history of working on mobile projects at scale and can bring a high level of expertise to the business.
- Your code is not only a pleasure for customers to use, but for other engineers to read and understand easily.
- A big part of being great at your job revolves around being very organized and communicative. It’s clear from your experience that you have those characteristics.