Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company is on a mission to elevate the careers and livelihoods of millions of blue-collar professionals, artisans, and other informal workers through the use of technology. The company builds technology to connect blue-collar workers in Kenya - from carpenters to cleaners - to jobs. Their suite of products seeks to satisfy a breadth of consumer needs, which provide multiple channels to increase incomes for workers in our system:
- A marketplace product enabling customers to request services in over 50 categories from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors, and receive shortlisted bids.
- An e-commerce product enabling workers on the platform to sell ready-to-buy products or services.
- A tech-based platform for the recruitment and management of workers on large construction sites.
About the role:
As a Frontend Engineer, you enjoy making beautiful user interfaces. You have strong opinions based on experience about which frameworks to work with and you know which mistakes to avoid. Good UX design is something you live by and you have the right mind to decide when to use additional tools and frameworks and when to work with vanilla JS.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building scalable and highly usable frontend applications using Angular, VueJS, Backbone and vanilla js
- Help define the most beautiful user interactions in Kenya
- Solve (many) real problems using tech
- Support in taking correct technology decisions
Successful candidates will have all or most of these qualifications:
- Show us why they are suited for this position, rather than just tell us
- Fluent English
- Good understanding of ES6
- Some experience with TypeScript
- Experience with unit testing
- Deep knowledge of web technologies (REST/HTTP, web sockets, ...)
- Good understanding of popular programming paradigms (e.g. object orientation, functional programming, ...)
- Able to fit into a fun and outgoing work environment
- Work experience and/or relevant educational background
More about the company:
The company makes it easier for households and businesses to connect with high quality professionals. Currently they have verified professionals in over 140 categories ranging from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors. Through the use of technology they unlock important career tools such as digital profiles, product galleries, customer reviews, and more.
As a company, they are a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of developers, hustlers, planners, and doers. They provide the freedom and tools necessary for people to be comfortable and successful in their work and in return expect high performance and a culture of excellence. They value ambition, curiosity, candor and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.