Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
An ed-tech company based in Nairobi and Berlin. The company has created a mobile learning platform for young children in low income areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve.
They believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential, however more than 600 million children in the world are not even learning foundational skills like reading and basic math despite the majority of them going to school. The digital solution enables them to learn by themselves and provides teachers with high quality teaching support. It works globally, even on the cheapest smartphones and tablets.
They are developing a system in the toughest conditions we could find: with more than 5,000 children in the largest urban informal settlements in Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya and they are on our way to scale to many different places in the world. They collect data from all players, children, teachers, parents and school owners and so have a vast, rich dataset, qualitative and quantitative.
They are looking for a person who will develop solutions for their challenges such as:
- How to solve our customers’ problems?
- How to increase learning?
- How to engage teachers and parents into the project?
- Work out of the Nairobi office to collaborate with the team in Kenya to choose validated, valuable problems to solve or opportunities to embrace.
- Use your experience in agile product development, design thinking or similar methodologies and create a very fast test environment in Nairobi to quickly come up with the best ideas and solutions to current product challenges and opportunities.
- Work in a result-oriented way to increase the core KPIs of the company like teacher engagement.
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to understand our users and how they use our products.
- Help the team that implements your stories to understand the problem, compare and contrast opportunities and select among possible solutions.
- Coach and nurture those of your colleagues who want to move towards a product management role.
- Five years or more experience in product design, UX user research, product management of one or more successful, preferably consumer-focused, digital app products
- Worked in product / UX user research team in a well-funded international mobile company with a best in class product team and process and at least a total team of 30 people in all functions
- Big plus: experience with a digital product or app for low income / bottom of the pyramid customers