Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look-out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
It is the world’s largest Medical Device company, based in Minnesota, US. In 2019, it had revenues of approx. $32 Billion and over 90,000 employees in 100+ countries across the world.
The Labs is a distinct social enterprise launched out of the mother company that incubates innovative businesses in healthcare delivery, with dual objectives of social impact and financial sustainability. These businesses combine innovative medical products and services with high-touch operations teams to drive last mile impact, working with private, institutional and public health systems.
The Labs is currently a 90-member team, with three businesses spread across India, Africa and the USA, with approx. $1Million in FY20 revenues, growing at 100% YoY. The team imbibes a culture of openness and entrepreneurship, with significant opportunities of growth for high performing and self-driven individuals.
About the role:
They are looking for a Regional Market Development Manager for an up and coming social enterprise focused on improving health care and patients’ lives. This role reports into Regional Head – Africa, and ideally would be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Build expertise with existing business models and work with Sales team and customers to understand their needs, assess gaps in operating model and suggest improvements.
- Drive tactical marketing initiatives specific to the needs of individual customers.
- Identify new markets, opportunities, and determine the feasibility of business and new product/service development, and then work with others from the Labs Africa leadership team to prioritize and to execute on these new business development near-term and long-term business strategies.
· Perform economic analyses on new or improved opportunities.
· Develop and refine business models and determine market trends to substantiate long-term prospects.
- Work with the global communications team and local partners’ communication teams to develop, tailor and drive communications and social media activities in the countries of operations.
- Develop and disseminate information and analysis of business performance metrics to the internal leadership.
- Represent the company in industry conferences, customer forums and government meetings.
- Manage relationships with existing technology partners and vendors and drive better terms of business.
Expectations from the Candidate
- Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor with growth potential to manage a team. Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions. Coaches sales and operations team; manage projects/ processes with minimal supervision
- Entrepreneurial mindset: The company is an exponentially growing startup, building on best practices from corporate to build businesses that are locally relevant, innovative, highly scalable, and leading the way in defining success in the emerging space of Social Business. To succeed, a candidate must be self-driven, willing to perform all levels of tasks, and co-own the learnings as well as the successes with the whole team, through their actions and behavior.
- Communication and influence: Excellent communication skills to influence and inspire internal leadership, external customers and partners. Clear demonstration in ability to exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision making.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity: Ability to deal with unstructured, grey space, come up with creative strategies, and create meaningful models and processes that are lean and effective. There is negligible precedence for many tasks and processes, hence the candidate must be able to excel at figuring out structured solutions to problems and challenges, and adapt easily to change.
- Knowledge and experience: 5-7 years of experience in a similar role:
- Prior experience in a combination of sales/marketing and market development, in a product and service industry environment.
- Preference to healthcare marketing experience, but also open to experience from a non-conventional marketing background.
- Background in both upstream and downstream marketing.
- Economic modeling experience.
- Prior experience in, or inclination towards doing socially impactful work preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or Master’s Degree in Business Administration