Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our client.
Our client is a venture-backed technology company operating in East Africa. We build and deploy cloud-connected retail outlets, which serve as consumer access points for goods and services delivered in partnership with major suppliers. Their first consumer solution delivers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements.
If you share their passion for technology and vision for global impact and think that you will thrive in a fast-paced work environment, this is the role for you!
About your role.
As a Data Analyst, you will drive our analytics function by generating data-driven insights to guide commercial and operating strategy; developing metrics, dashboards, and statistical analyses; helping to shape our overall vision & strategy.
What You Will Do.
- Build models to identify trends, forecast performance, and identify improvements to the company strategy, products, and operations
- Design and run data analyses to guide decision-making
- Design and prepare company dashboards and other key stakeholder reporting
- Design and develop automation tools to streamline day-to-day activities
- Identify and coordinate data infrastructure improvements with the software team
- Drive cost-saving and increased revenue processes through data insights
- Enable the success of the team members by supporting them in accessing, understanding, and utilizing data
- Ensure consistency, accuracy, and overall integrity of business metrics
- Develop and maintain business intelligence documentation, training materials, best practices, and overall data toolkit
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or Economics (Master's degree a plus)
- Experience in data analysis, consulting, finance, or other quantitatively rigorous roles (ideally, 3-5+ years)
- The ability to balance priorities, clarify stakeholder requirements, pay keen attention to detail, and generally keep deliverables on schedule
- Proficiency with Tableau and/or Looker, SQL, Excel, and statistical methods (Python an added plus)
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly and concisely to management & external Stakeholders
- Ability to perform people and process analysis
- Passion for problem-solving, data, and analytics