Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our client.
The Clients purpose is to work with our clients and partners in creating productive societies. Their definition of a productive society is a healthy, well-educated society with an economic active adult population. This definition guided our focus on health, education, and agriculture as priority industries to focus on.
About the Role.
• Plan, develop, test, deploy and maintain high quality, sustainable and scalable mobile and web applications.
• Ensure that products address clients’ needs – necessitating an agile approach.
• Write code that follows well-known patterns and that is easy to understand and maintain by other members of the team.
• Provide reasonable estimates of complexity.
• Identify technical risks and implement controls.
• Implement resource plans.
• Ensure that service level agreements are met for support issues that are referred to the product team.
• Ensure that products meet return on investment targets.
• Own the technical excellence of products (security, scalability and maintainability).
• Implement sustainable testing strategies.
• Design/document architectures for products.
• Maintain a healthy balance between configuration and simplicity for products.
• Develop and communicate the use of ‘best practice’ during product development.
• Contribute to the technical development of developers.
• Make a positive contribution towards team dynamic and motivation.
• Participate in company and team events.
• Support other team members.
• Support other teams.
• Be an elite team.
Assist the product manager to:
o Plan and organize the activities of developers.
o Ensure that developers follow the most effective processes to manage projects.
o Implement and maintain a performance management process.
o Train developers.
o Motivate developers.
• Contribute and participate in the selection process of new staff members.
• Adhere to the Information Security Management System policies and procedures as per ISO 27001 and the Information Security Management System (ISMS).
Minimum educational qualifications
• Tertiary qualifications in information technology will count in an applicant’s favour.
• 10 years overall experience in information technology.
• 10+ years’ experience in full stack development.
• 5+ years’ experience in Java development.
• 10+ years’ experience working with SQL databases, ideally PostgreSQL.
Key competencies, skills and attributes
• Proficient in writing software code.
• Proficient with relational databased, including database design, writing complex aggregation queries, writing SQL functions, partitioning, PITR, etc.
• Proficient in Linux operating systems.
• Proficient knowledge of scrum and Kanban.
• Analytical thinking.
• Highly developed technical problem-solving skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Goal oriented attitude.
• Effective crises management skills.
• Able to facilitate change.
• Strong finishing energy.
• Strong interpersonal skills.