Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our client...
A mobile technology and data science company that is changing the way credit scoring and financial services work around the world. Their smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
They believe in people from every type of background — around the world, and within their company. They believe individuals thrive on teams with diverse skill sets and worldviews.
Are you curious, adaptable, and motivated? Are you looking for an opportunity with science and soul?
They’re constantly inspired by their customers’ ability to be efficient and responsive. They try to embody the same work ethic in everything they do.
A meritocracy means you’re empowered to do your work autonomously. They don’t believe in red tape or "old boys clubs” and it’s not who you know that counts, it’s what you know. The best ideas and work rise to the top and are recognized.
Committed to Excellence
They know it’s a challenge to take on traditional financial services, but that's what makes it fun! They hold themselves to the highest standards, with their product, their customers and their employees.
Why should you apply?
As the Engineering Manager, you’ll support and manage cross-functional teams (product, data science, credit) and ship scalable software solutions. You value the craftsmanship of clean and efficient code as well as the skill of solving problems using the most appropriate technology. You help set the standards and drive your teammates’ productivity. In this role you will be managing the team, reviewing design documents, performing code reviews, and weighing in on implementation choices. You will drive a culture that values engineering craftsmanship and innovation. Along the way, you will help build a modern technical platform and growing, world-class engineering team.
- Manage a team of back end software engineers, including task planning and code reviews
- Recruit and build an effective Engineering team
- Collaborate with product management to execute on company’s product road map
- Own and maintain substantial portions of the back end infrastructure
- Contribute technically to projects via designs and test driven development (Test Driven Development)
- Contribute to and improve our strong engineering culture
- Leader: you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your team. You act as a mentor to junior engineers. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions.
- Solutions Driven: you have experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.
- Detail-oriented: you are a proven developer who values clean and efficient code.
- Technology toolbox: you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras.
- Translator: you have experience working closely with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers to translate requirements into technical design.
- 2+ years managing a team of six or more members
- Experience growing a team and hiring best in class talent
- Developed and launched large scale consumer applications on Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure)
- 4+ years experience working on back end software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python, Play, GoLang)
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or MS SQL)
- Working knowledge in API development for mobile/web use
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment.
- Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning.