Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
A local fin tech institution that connects lenders with high quality, underserved low-income borrowers. It exists to give choice, inclusion and affordable digital financial services to low-income borrowers in Africa to bring freedom, equality and hope to them and their communities as part of the formal financial system.
About the work...
The CFO is a multi-disciplinary full time role that demands diverse skills with the following duties:
- Managing the entire administrative, financial, credit operations and accounting/treasury management
- Developing financial models and forecasting
- Develop, implement and monitor ongoing control systems and corporate structures designed to preserve company assets and long term shareholder value.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop strategic decisions and evaluating growth opportunities for the company.
- Developing and retaining relationships with financial partners and investors
Fund Raise & Investor Relations
- Develop a compelling value proposition and key messaging for future fund raise as well as existing investors
- Identify, reach-out and pitch to prospective investors and program manage the related processes of due diligence, deal closure, etc.
- Build investor confidence in the company's vision to deliver shareholder value through a comprehensive Investor Relations framework and strategy
- Provide market insights to the management team, including financial trends, investor concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the company
- Oversee communication & reporting of financial results to investors through comprehensive MIS.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Act as strategic business partner to senior leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Create and establish financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Manage financial planning and analysis.
- Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget by business
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Performing risk management by analyzing the organization's liabilities and investments
- Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners. Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors and officials.
- Degree in Finance/Economics /Actuarial Science. Plus, an MBA degree (recommended)
- MUST HAVE financial modeling experience, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A professional qualification e.g. CFA, CPA etc.
- MUST HAVE at least 5 years working experience
- Deep knowledge of data analysis & forecasting methods
- High level communication skills
- Management ability and experience
- Added advantage: Treasury
- Added Advantage: Financial Advisory (Financial Institutions) at KPMG, PWC or EY
Compensation & Perks: Salary + discretionary performance based bonus. Market based stock based incentives appropriate for the role and vesting over a 4 year period. Part of the executive management team.