Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
A local fin tech institution that connects lenders with high quality, underserved low-income borrowers. It exists to give choice, inclusion and affordable digital financial services to low-income borrowers in Africa to bring freedom, equality and hope to them and their communities as part of the formal financial system.
About the work...
The financial controller will join the senior management and oversea all functions of credit, finance and accounting department. Will the following responsibilities:
- Managing the entire administrative, financial, credit operations and accounting management
- Developing financial models and forecasting
- Develop, implement and monitor ongoing control systems and corporate structures designed to preserve company assets and long term shareholder value.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop Strategic decisions and evaluating growth opportunities for the company
- Developing and retaining relationships with financial partners and investors
Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Provide continuous financial assessment of the company
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial models and strategies to help the business grow to be scalable and sustainable
- Manage the cash flow and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Forecasting, modelling and KPIs analysis on a regular basis
- Advise senior management on effective liquidity strategies and investments
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Work closely with the credit risk team to manage a world class in-house credit cycle from evaluation, administration and collections to ensure efficiency, security, risk and fraud control throughout the entire cycle including underwriting process
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team and board of directors including other external stakeholders
- Manage and oversee the financial, accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal and tax components in the business
- Build and Manage any third party relationships to which tax, audit and debt collections functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Report financial results to the board of directors and shareholders
- Maintain an efficient system of policies that adequately control treasury activities
- Understand, manage and mitigate key elements of the company's credit and default
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping and KYC processes meet the requirements of auditors and are in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Assist the CEO in preparing, sourcing and presenting debt and equity financing opportunities
- Lead and assist the CEO in fundraising management and due diligence process
- Supporting the CEO in Investor relations
- Proven working experience as a financial controller
- Degree in Finance or Economics
- At least 5 years of Accounting experience
- Financial advisory background
- Added Advantage: MBA
- High level analytical and communication skills
- MUST HAVE: Analytical and financial modelling experience
- Management ability and experience
- At least 5 years working experience
- Added advantage: treasury experience
Compensation & Perks: Salary + discretionary performance based bonus. Market based stock based incentives appropriate for the role and vesting over a 4 year period. Part of the executive management team.