Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company is a leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through its smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. It is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital.
- You will design and implement product features as defined in the roadmap
- You will own and maintain substantial portions of the backend infrastructure
- The opportunity to code using cutting-edge platforms and interact with our data science team
- You will mentor and grow junior engineers on best practices and code efficiency
- Detailed oriented - you are a proven developer who values clean and efficient code
- Technology toolbox - you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras
- Translator - you have experience working closely with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers to translate requirements into technical design
- Leader - you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your teammates. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions
- Solutions Driven - experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes
- 4+ years experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python, Play, Django)
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Working knowledge in API development for mobile/web use
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL)
Preferred skills & experience:
- Highly motivated and self disciplined
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
- Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning