Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
At the click of a button, we provided a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, we are providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Nairobi, Kampala and Barcelona, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
Note: This role will be based in either Nairobi or Kampala
About the work...
In 2016, we launched our platform on Heroku with a MongoDB, PHP backend with front ends on web, iOS, and Android. In 2018, our daily ride numbers increased 30x. We are now in the process of raising Series B financing and are going to use it to modernize the engineering platform and upgrade our backend technology operations.
Our Tech Stack
We are currently migrating our legacy back-end application from PHP to Elixir and breaking the monolith into Elixir umbrella apps. We use Postgres as our main database but use MongoDb for some parts of the application. We cache heavily with Redis. Our web applications are built with Angular but we're slowly moving to Vue.Js. Kotlin and Swift are the language of choice for our Android and iOS apps respectively.
● Manage QA Automation across multiple projects and platforms including iOS, Android and web.
● Provide leadership in defining the automation methodologies, strategies, standards, tools and best practices for automation processes.
● Architect, design, implement and maintain automation and performance testing framework
● Drive and support the Product, DevOps and Engineering teams in developing automation suites for Smoke, Acceptance, Regression, End to End and Feature automated testing.
● Collaborate with product, UX and engineering teams for detailed technical specs, implementation alternatives, use-case validations and inform cross-team dependencies as well as triggering automated scripts to the QA environment as needed
● Participate in improving delivery and test processes, and propose new ideas on how to improve customer satisfaction and quality of product
● Contribute to end to end acceptance tests.
● Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical discipline
● 5+ years of QA Automation experience with various software testing methodologies including; unit, integration, functional, manual, load and regression testing with at least 2 years in a management role
● 3+ years of experience with Automation frameworks testing Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API's, using Selenium, experience with Appium is a plus!
● Expert knowledge of quality assurance processes throughout the entire QA Lifecycle
● An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing
● Experience working in Agile/SCRUM environment
● Demonstrated ability to work independently
● Excellent communication skills - you can spar with engineers, product owners and
● English language fluency