Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
A South African based technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better and grow. They are a diverse and zealous team of Software Engineers and Product professionals who have effective relationships with many satisfied customers committed to understanding the FinTech sector and improving payment processes for SMB’s. They are committed to constructing some of the world’s leading finance technology products, while providing an unparalleled experience to their customers. They believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful they can create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help drive their economy forward.
About you in this job...
- Skilled and collaborative Senior Software Engineer with the ability to elevate their outputs and contribute to their mission.
- Capable of building robust solutions and delivering high quality products.
- A technical champion and mentor able to share knowledge to a medium-sized team of like-minded individuals and junior Software Engineers.
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- 6+ years as a professional software engineer.
- Experience with both back end and front end development.
- Experience in SQL database.
Relevant technical skills and Key Responsibilities ...
- Strong knowledge of building APIs and services on back end using Scala and PostgreSQL.
- You will help decide and plan which features will be built and how they are architected and implemented.
- Building features and products that are user friendly and that help customers grow their businesses.
- Ability to work closely with your team, which will include other Software Engineers, Product Management(s), design and UX minds as well as members of the broader Team.
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills in real world issues in delivering high quality software.
- Ability to deliver stable and flexible software that can be iterated quickly to deliver features.
- Ability to build reusable solutions that can be used to avoid reinvention every time.
Relevant team skills include...
- Highly experienced in working in a SCRUM environment.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organisation both internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset in diagnostic information gathering, research, and, application of conceptual thinking.
- Ability to achieve results by being proactive, customer orientated, innovative and highly detail oriented.
- Adaptable and flexible in environs with self confidence and a strong sense of personal credibility and accountability.