Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company is building the future of digital financial services in Africa. Customers use their app to pay 7x faster, without internet and across multiple accounts. They are a small team based in Tanzania and growing their business and engineering functions. They recently completed Y Combinator and raised a new round of funding.
They are looking for:
An experienced full-stack engineer exceptional in programming and software architecture--someone who is ready to dive into their Android and server codebases and take a leadership role on their engineering team.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner, strong problem solver, and is not afraid to step out of his or her comfort zone to learn and try new technologies and strategies. The candidate is expected to dive into the technical details of the product, outline the company's technical vision, and help recruit and manage the company's growing engineering team. The ideal candidate will have had experience scaling a product and team, and should be excited about living in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Develop Android in Kotlin and Java with backend on Firebase and GCP
- Grow and mentor a team of engineers
- Analyze data from the mobile app and execute an analytics roadmap
- Participate in scrum-based development sprints alongside the Product team.
- Design and build the future of payment systems in Africa
- 2+ years experience delivering quality, at scale consumer-facing Android apps available in the PlayStore
- Fluency with Java and RxJava; knowledge of Kotlin is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Proven experience as software architect is a plus
- Interest in financial services, payments, and wallets.
- Strong object-oriented programming experience, and a good knowledge of pattern and anti-pattern design
- Experience with app profiling, code versioning, deployment, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Experience with Android Unit and UI Automation Testing
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work with both engineers and other roles
- Strong team management skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
About the Team
They are an ambitious, fast-moving, and hardworking team with a bias towards execution. They are obsessive about designing products, solving market problems, and as a result, they have been growing quickly (47% MoM). The team is currently seven people and quickly expanding.