Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
Logistics in Africa is broken! It’s super fragmented, informal and very costly, making it difficult for small business to trade in Africa. The company is on a mission to solve this problem. They have built the first efficient shared logistics platform for Africa that will create new possibilities for small businesses and transporters.
A Country Manager is an executive level position which oversees all of Sales, Partner Operations, & Support at a country level under Enterprise. You will develop and expand the company business, providing direction and leadership, ensuring profitable growth, satisfactory cash flow, enhance market leadership and have the company acknowledged as the provider of Industry leading service standards. Delivering great results through respect focused leadership.
This position reports directly to the Commercial Director.
About the role...
Obsess about the customer
- Focus on the customers under Enterprise, champion and understand their needs and double up when they are delighted.
- Enable and manage the achievement of service performance that exceeds customer expectations and differentiates the company from the competitors.
- Foster a deep understanding of the company vision, and our competitive and market environments in order to help shape market strategies.
- Ensure that the company provides industry-leading customer experience to grow (engagement, adoption and expansion).
- Build high performing teams across Sales, Partner Operations and Support to grow the company.
- Determine country organization structure, roles and responsibility and performance targets and goals.
- Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Country objectives and targets.
- Manage the Support Team to deliver on and monitor Customer Care KPIs.
- Mentor Team Leads into future executive roles for the company.
- Manage and motivate teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Lead the overall tracking, forecasting and communication of related success metrics.
- Ensure Partner Operations and Sales balance optimally on the company platform (Supply = Demand).
- Work side-by-side with the VPs of Marketing, Growth, and Expansion to deliver on the company growth targets.
- Define the company commercial path to growth and profitability and establish an effective growth process and infrastructure.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Business teams to identify strategic partnership opportunities.
- Own the P&L, pricing, categories and market performance for the Country operations.
- Own quarterly metrics and reports for the company Investors
Continuously learn and simplify processes
- Be a thought leader - bring new ideas to the table, challenge teams to innovate and set the highest bar for the standard of our execution.
- Automate and increase efficiency of Support channels.
- Analyze and optimize quality and efficiency of the company services.
- Analyze marketing performance reports and make proactive recommendations for changes.
- Improve liquidity through good capital and debtor management.
- Plan and implement corrective actions to improve service and partner performance whilst managing costs.
- Continually review and improve business processes to improve productivity and add value to the company services.
- Ensure revenue yield enhancement and market share growth through development.
- Develop and execute on the company’s sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to growth.
- Provide strong leadership to ensure agreed strategies and goals are communicated and effectively implemented.
- Ensure transparent communication with all our customers and partners from the terms of conditions to updates when things break.
- Drive a culture of being transparent within your team and the rest of the the company team.
- Actively monitor the market, ensuring full awareness of competitor strategies and actions.
- Create, maintain and develop a favorable the company image with its various influential audiences such as customers, business partners, industry bodies, trade bodies, trade unions and government/ regulatory bodies to facilitate the company’s growth and development.
- A leader: Exceptional leader and motivator of people that displays exceptional leadership attributes. You have managed, grown, and nurtured teams. You know how to develop individuals into superstars.a
- Strategic: You’re an expert in building businesses. You appreciate the importance of the tiniest detail to deliver on the big vision.
- Connected: You always know the right person to speak with and come with a portfolio of companies that would benefit from the company's innovative solution.
- A professional who likes to have fun: You know how to make the right impression and are always focused on delivering, but, you know how to have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Passionate about growth: You love setting and beating targets. Growth is an addiction for you.
- Problem-solver: analytical mind that can navigate obstacles on the fly in a logical and rational way. Engage in precise, data and details about the business.
- You are an excellent and influential communicator and use data to reinforce your positions and decisions.
- General management: Significant experience in Senior management or experience in the express / logistics or within similar service related businesses.
- understanding of all functional aspects of the business and sound experience managing a complete Profit and Loss entity of relatively similar size.
- High degree of business acumen and understanding of the external economic environment and how this may affect the company's short and long term planning.