Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look-out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
It is the world’s largest Medical Device company, based in Minnesota, US. In 2019, it had revenues of approx. $32 Billion and over 90,000 employees in 100+ countries across the world.
The Labs is a distinct social enterprise launched out of the mother company that incubates innovative businesses in healthcare delivery, with dual objectives of social impact and financial sustainability. These businesses combine innovative medical products and services with high-touch operations teams to drive last mile impact, working with private, institutional and public health systems.
The Labs is currently a 90-member team, with three businesses spread across India, Africa and the USA, with approx. $1Million in FY20 revenues, growing at 100% YoY. The team imbibes a culture of openness and entrepreneurship, with significant opportunities of growth for high performing and self-driven individuals.
About the role:
They are looking for a Market Development Manager for Labs India team, ideally based out of Gurgaon, Haryana (but not mandatory). The role reports into Regional Head – Asia.
- Build expertise in existing business models, work with sales team and customers to understand their needs, assess gaps in operating model and suggest improvements
- Drive tactical marketing initiatives specific to the needs of individual customers
- Represent the company in industry and customer forums, government meetings
- Identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies relating to the development of new products, technologies, services, and/or therapy areas
- Identify new markets, licensing opportunities, and determine the feasibility of business and new product/service development, and then work with leadership to execute these new business development partnerships with other technology manufacturers and startups
- Manage relationships with existing technology partners and vendors, and drive better terms of business
- Develop business models and determine market trends to substantiate long-term prospects
- Coordinate with internal departments in identifying and implementing marketing projects.
- Develop and disseminates information and analysis of business performance metrics to the internal leadership.
- Work with global communications team to drive social media activities in country
Expectations from the Candidate
- Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor with growth potential to manage a team. Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions. Coaches sales and operations team; manage projects/ processes with minimal supervision
- Entrepreneurial mindset: The company is an exponentially growing startup, building on best practices from corporate to build businesses that are locally relevant, innovative, highly scalable, and leading the way in defining success in the emerging space of Social Business. To succeed, a candidate must be self-driven, willing to perform all levels of tasks, and co-own the learnings as well as the successes with the whole team, through their actions and behavior.
- Communication and influence: Excellent communication skills to influence and inspire internal leadership, external customers and partners. Clear demonstration in ability to exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision making.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity: Ability to deal with unstructured, grey space, come up with creative strategies, and create meaningful models and processes that are lean and effective. There is negligible precedence for many tasks and processes, hence the candidate must be able to excel at figuring out structured solutions to problems and challenges, and adapt easily to change.
- Knowledge and experience: 5-7 years of experience. Prior experience in a combination of sales/marketing and market development, in a product-cum-service industry environment. Preference to healthcare marketing experience, but from a non-conventional background. Prior experience in, or inclination towards doing socially impactful