Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company’s vision is to make mobile health insurance accessible to everyone by using state-of-the-art technology against no marginal costs. The company has developed a smart payment distribution platform on the foundations of the mobile money ecosystem, which permanently connects patients, premium payers, insurers and healthcare providers on our platform. The platform provides mobile health wallets which allows all stakeholders to send, receive and pay dedicated healthcare funds to each other instantly and thereby reducing costs, creating huge data value and enhancing transparency and accountability.
Main purpose of job :
The main responsibility will be to contribute to the creation of new products and enhancements to existing products from concept to launch as part of a cross-functional project team. The Frontend Developer’s responsibility is to design, implement, and test frontend applications that result in compelling, easy-to- use products. The Software Developer will also specialize in areas of development, such as networks, operating systems, databases or applications, and each area requires fluency in its own set of computer languages and development environments. As a Software Engineer, you are expected to work with minimal supervision and collaborate with other specialists in development groups all working together to create complex projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Investing in self-development by continuously improving the skill sets of self and others within the team.
• Working with other engineers to improve the overall platform security, stability and scalability.
• Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
• Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
• Evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardware work;
• Creating technical specifications and test plans;
• Writing operational documentation with technical authors;
• Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects;
• Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, designers, developers, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals;
• Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems;
• Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• Preparation of training manuals and training users
• Handling support and feedback
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
• Investigating new technologies;
• Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
1. Deliver clean code in time.
2. Delivery of software that meets the highest standards at a predictable timeline.
3. Helping others deliver software of the highest quality standards.
4. Identification of new innovative technologies.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Degree qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, software engineering, or related field.
• Knowledge in Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements.
• Ability to use CI/CD tools.
• At least 3-5 years of work experience in an active senior software development position
• Clear understanding of system architecture, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, and Software Testing.
• Extensive experience in cloud based scalable application deployment and maintenance.
• Experience with Relational Database Management System and any NoSQL database system.
• Experience in one of the following high-level language (JAVA, Python, Go, Scala)
• Experience working with two or more from the following; ➢ Web application development and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems and / or security software development.
• Experience influencing software engineer best practices within your team.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent IT and programming skills
• Clean code writing and software documentation preparation
• Strong in numerical and analytical skills
• Have creative approach to problem-solving
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Ability to work on another’s design and specification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Eye for detail
• Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
• Team working skills with ability to work with people at all levels, including non-technical staff
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Training and presentation skills
• Be self-motivated and a quick learner
• Discretion in handling confidential information.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, and a commitment to the company's mission.