Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company is one of the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa, for Africa by Africans; providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day. To do this the are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
They are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join a team-oriented staff and share in the responsibility providing the company with Systems Engineering expertise.
The Ideal candidate has extensive experience working in a Service Provider Network environment.
Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux Administration and Scripting is highly desirable. The main focus is on deployment and operations of business user solutions.
Excellent verbal, written communication skills is a must. Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team oriented environment. It is important to be customer oriented.
- Design, Implementation and Management of Network Infrastructure to support the company's product portfolio.
- Provide on-going support of the existing cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure that network elements are available and operational (24x7).
- Being able to respond to alerts and take corrective action to ensure platform uptime is maintained.
- Work in coordination with other internal teams to ensure the infrastructure fully and effectively supports current and planned application systems.
- Participate in a schedule of on-call rotation (after working hours).
- Degree in Telecoms, Computer Science/IT Engineering or related fields of study.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a Service Provider environment
- Holds a Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification.
- Practical experience with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, ISIS on Cisco, Juniper or Fortigate Hardware.
- Practical experience with application delivery controllers such as F5, NGINX, HAProxy etc.
- Competent in implementation of network security with NG firewalls such as Cisco ASA, Fortigate, Juniper or equivalent.
- Proven experience with Network Monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments such as VMware vSphere.
- Working knowledge of public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with programming/scripting languages will be an added advantage.
- A solid understanding of Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, HTTP/HTTPS).
- Sound knowledge of security approaches within cloud and data center infrastructure.
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices, working within existing within the team approaches.
- Strong Desire to automate network activities
- The perfect candidate has a desire to be part of advanced team