Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company develops products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Their product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Their Payments Platform enables users to pay for services through their mobile or web browser. Their key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America.
About the work...
They are looking for an Android Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of our payment app.
Primary focus will be the development of the payment app, using Kotlin, and the integration with our golang servers using GraphQL.
As part of the Android team, you will work on delivering the payment platform Android App. As a Android developer, you will collaborate with other members of the product, design, and engineering teams to translate user stories and mockups into a living, breathing product.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently, autonomously, and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- An understanding of modern Android development and passion for quality
- Strong Kotlin skills, including:
○ Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
○ Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
○ Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
○ Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of the Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git