Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
At the click of a button, we provided a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, we are providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Nairobi, Kampala and Barcelona, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
The Head of Food role plays a pivotal role for the company, owning and building a new innovative business line.
The role will require highly innovative approaches (not copy & pasting from other markets) to building the best
service across East and West Africa.
● Responsible for growth of the company’s innovative food delivery platform that provides
first-class convenience and empowers small merchants across our cities.
● In localized and market specific conditions, build the business unit across multiple markets, with
a focus on building a great product, ensuring its growth and adoption
● Be confident in the areas of marketplace management, customer acquisition, driver supply, and
a deep product understanding from all users perspectives.
● Manage a fast growing team through leadership that values humility, empathy, growth of our
people, and leading by example
You should have:
● 5+ years experience in operations, consulting, strategy, technology, business development or a
● Strong managerial experience growing and empowering a team
● Familiarity with on-demand services and innovations in the space
● Knowledge of the food delivery, logistics, or food production value chains is highly preferred
● Serious entrepreneurial mindset with proven experience starting and growing projects or
● Data-driven decision making mindset and solid analytical skills with an advanced experience of
Excel and other software packages
● Creativity and passion for building something that is innovative and has an impact.
● Solid academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree
with excellent grades
● Firm understanding on how to maintain a performance culture that is data-driven