Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our Client...
A venture-backed technology company operating in East Africa and India. They build and deploy dense networks of cloud-connected points inside local corner stores, which serve as consumer access points for goods and services delivered in partnership with major suppliers. The first consumer solution is a liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which delivers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar market for urban cooking fuel. It’s delivered through Vivo Energy, the owner/operator of Shell-branded fuels distribution infrastructure across Africa.
As Senior Engineer, QA, you will lead a team of QA Engineers in ensuring high-quality engineering. optimal performance and reliability of large scale applications developed and deployed by our Networks across server-side, mobile and connected devices (IoT), using best in class software engineering practices. As a senior leader, you will inspire your team to achieve engineering excellence while maintaining a pragmatic approach towards software delivery.
What You Will Do:
- Assess and improve the technical quality of work performed by the QA Engineering team
- Assess and improve business understanding of QA Engineering team
- Prepare training and induction material to cover gaps
- Plan and coordinate software and systems releases
- Identify automation candidates and ensuring timely delivery of automation projects
- Collect performance feedback and satisfaction level and use it to address concerns of stakeholders and product managers
- Review performance, train, and upskill QA engineers
- Review and identify improvements in system performance
- Engage stakeholders and present the state of software quality such as code coverage, code quality, performance benchmarks, profiling at regular intervals
- Inspire team to follow best practices and achieve high professional delivery standards
- Plan career path for QA Engineers and guide on the most suitable projects for them to work on
- Manage allocation of QA Engineering team on various projects provide regular feedback on their performance
What You Will Bring to the company...
- 7+ years of quality assurance experience, including developing test strategies, and creating test automation systems and frameworks
- 2+ years of experience testing web applications with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin / Cucumber / SpecFlow
- Strong technical skills using Selenium WebDriver
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and delivery systems (CI/CD)
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience developing build automation systems using Gradle is a plus
- Experience developing test frameworks using Junit is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jira, Bitbucket and Docker is a plus
- Commitment to understanding the business domain
- Commitment to incorporating quality software practices into all phases of the project lifecycle
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated professional who demonstrates strong technical agility and responsiveness
- Eagerness to learn and grow within a technical organization