Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
At the click of a button, we provided a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, we are providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Nairobi, Kampala and Barcelona, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a VP of People to ensure the company is the best company to work for in Africa. VP of People will build out the organization to be a leading company in human resources, employee experience and talent acquisition. This position will ensure that the company can build the best teams to solve the most exciting challenges. One of the key drivers for success is an emphasis on our people, from our interns to software engineers to our support team in the field to our creative designers, among others.
● Lead the People function across multiple countries
● Hire and build out the People team (this includes all HR and Recruitment) , scaling the people operations infrastructure which will enable effective employee experience and people processes.
● Evaluate People practices and policies to identify gaps and inefficiencies and then implement new systems to maximize employee satisfaction and compliance
● Work with other teams including Legal, Finance, and others to ensure that all People operations further the organizational strategy, while adhering to compliance standards
● Manager the recruitment team and implement innovative sourcing methods and build networks and support the brand to enable the company to hire the best talent!
● Coordinate with department managers and senior management to forecast future hiring needs
● Implement process improvements, technology, training requirements, etc. that will improve the employee experience, from candidate engagement to on-boarding, in partnership with HR services.
● Own and deliver user-friendly training and resources on new technology, process updates, as well as existing HR standards, operating procedures, processes, policies, and playbooks.
You should have :
● +5 years minimum in HR, People Operations, Talent Management or a similar area
● Prior experience leading a sizable HR/People Teams in a high growth start-up
● Proven experience crafting policies, processes
● Strong network and knowledge in terms of recruitment and talent management
● Technical curiosity and interest in evolving trends in HR products and services
● Understanding of employer branding strategies to support hiring
● Ability to work with multiple strong leaders simultaneously
● Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication (written and verbal), and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in the organization
● Discretion and judgment handling confidential and sensitive data
● Curious about new ways of working, new organization models
● Solid academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree