Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
Logistics in Africa is broken! It’s super fragmented, informal and very costly, making it difficult for small business to trade in Africa. The company is on a mission to solve this problem. They have built the first efficient shared logistics platform for Africa that will create new possibilities for small businesses and transporters.
The company is looking for a VP of Marketing to help lead and define our brand internationally. Help us become the one and only logistics platform for Africa.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Obsess about the customer
- Focus on customers, champion customers understand their needs and double up when they are delighted.
- Provide 'voice of the customer’ to cross-functional teams, such as engineering, operations, sales, growth, and support to grow customer retention (engagement, adoption, and expansion)
- Identifying issues related to the company brand and anticipate crisis.
- Bring a strategic approach to identifying and capturing the most profitable targets with the KPIs and ROI defined.
- Hold direct reports accountable for developing and implementing marketing plans and work product.
- Drive business case development – bring together customer insights, research, financial data, and analytics to develop a perspective on revenue and profitability potential for new to market initiatives.
- Work side-by-side with VPs of Growth, Expansion, and Country Directors to deliver on growth.
- Motivate and retain a team of approximately 10 Marketing professionals.
- Collaborate with sales leaders to develop best practice strategies for client engagement.
- Build relationships with service providers and companies that extend the brand offering.
- Develop and strengthen the company voice, building brand awareness, relevance, reputation and esteem among target audiences.
- Ensure that every marketing tactic has an impactful and consistent brand message and the company narrative is clearly and creatively communicated.
- Ensure brand standards are maintained within the organization.
- Develop a marketing plan to reach targets quickly and effectively.
- Build the marketing plan and implement key marketing, sales, and customer service programs to grow the customer base and gain sustainable revenue.
- Consistently model the company vision, core focus, and core values
- Provide leadership to CRM initiatives and manage the quality and content of customer data.
- Ensure transparent communication with all our customers and partners from terms and conditions to updates when things break.
- Drive a culture of being transparent within your team and the rest of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Math or a related field of study.
- MBA or graduate degree.
- 10+ years of experience in Strategic Marketing.
- Experience at a leading brand company or agency managing leading brands.
- Experience managing a large budget and forecasting.
- Experience in managing media and creative agencies.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and branding
- Entrepreneurial spirit/ability to try different things with minimal direction.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance - inpatient, outpatient, optical, dental, maternity
- Education stipend
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options