Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company enables manufacturers and key distributors to keep their brands in stock on the shelves of millions of retail stores across Africa and other emerging markets. They provide trained and fulfilment certified drivers, management and maintenance of the assets, daily trip management, and tons of new customers and sales.
About the role:
The Vice President of Operations is an experienced operations executive who has generated significant impact through the strategic and tactical direction of fulfilment operations and inbound/outbound telesales operations. This position will direct and develop department heads in distribution (receiving, replenishment, order fulfilment and returns processing), sales operations (customer care, order management, performance measurements) and fleet management. This position will report directly to the CEO and will serve as a member of the executive team.
The SVP Operations is the accountable owner for all organisational KPIs for customer retention, order fulfilment, delivery efficiency and profitability, and is therefore empowered to make critical decisions that impact these KPIs.
•Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations
•Develop and direct the management of the company’s fulfilment operations
through third-party distribution partners to ensure fast order processing, cost- efficient shipping direct to customers, effective processing of returns, partner enablement and compliance with service levels
• Develop and oversee the management of the company’s in-house wholesale and fulfilment operations to ensure fast order processing, accurate inventory control, proper and timely receipt/stocking of goods, cost-efficient shipping direct to customers and effective processing of returns. Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
• Develop and direct the management of fleet operations for both owned and third- party assets, manage logistics, outbound and inbound transportation processes.
• Implement processes and systems that will generate higher productivity and revenues.
• Engage regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
• Drive vendor negotiations to ensure product relevance and cost-efficiency.
•Participates significantly with other members of the senior leadership in setting annual budgets and financial plans for operating teams across the regions, fleet planning and allocation, and communicating the same to the field with the Field Operations Managers.
• Has a significant role with other senior leaders in establishing metrics and standards for, among other things, operating costs and expenses, delivery efficiency and utilisable capacity, revenue generation, fleet management, labor and employee turnover.
• Sets the operational standard for the field organization by defining SOPs and processes to ensure consistent performance, and holds the Field Operations Managers accountable for meeting those standards.
• Leads the annual staff development process for all reporting managers
• Champion TradeDepot’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities and actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
• Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation
•Minimum of a B.A. or B.Sc. degree in a relevant field
• Minimum of 7 years’ work experience of which a minimum of 3 years must have
been in a similar leadership or entrepreneurial role
• Extensive experience in Operations; Customer Service; Logistics and/or Six
• Broad leadership experience in Distribution Operations is preferred
• Able to effectively lead change and process improvement
• Able to function and lead effectually in a team environment