Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About Our Client.
Our client provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, they provide value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward.
About the Role.
The team's core focus is to provide business data and meaningful insights across all areas of the business. As well as developing self service reports and dashboards, the Data Analysts act as thought partners to each area of the business, providing them with crucial insights and support with experimentations to determine strategy. The ideal data analyst will have had 3- 5 years of practical experience in data visualizations, analytics, BI tools and in running experiments.
● Becoming an expert in the data model and the data needs of specific parts of the business
● Analytics - understanding historical trends, user behavior, and product insights and where
possible using visualisation to provide a storyboard of the learnings.
● Working with departments across the organization to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
● Working with business owners on running data driven experiments to determine strategy
● Roll out self service analytics reports and dashboards that can be independently used by users in the business
● Design analytical and reporting frameworks to make complex data easy to understand and drive decision making for stakeholders
● Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting & model
● BS/BA or higher in quantitative fields, statistics, math, computer science, operations management, engineering or related disciplines
● 5- 7 years of experience as a data analyst
● Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods are a plus
● Experience in handling large scale unstructured data. Experience in SQL, as well as ability to learn more advanced data programming using Python etc
● Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a passion toward action and a get things done attitude
● A never-ending desire to grow and learn
● Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills