Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company develops products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Their product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Their Payments Platform enables users to pay for services through their mobile or web browser. Their key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America.
About the work...
The company is looking for a passionate and engaged Web Developer with experience in ReactJS and working with restful APIs. As part of the frontend team, you will work on delivering multiple different products part of the payment ecosystem. As a web developer, you will collaborate with other members of our product, design, and engineering teams to translate user stories and mockups into a living, breathing product.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently, autonomously, and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Strong web development skills, including:
○ Translation of VD/UX wireframes to visual elements
○ Design of the overall architecture of the web application
○ Implementation of services and APIs to power the web application
○ Building reusable code and libraries for future use
○ Optimization of the application for speed and scalability
○ Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Good understanding of ReactJS, or similar working frameworks
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as Sass
- Understanding how to work with responsive design
- Understanding of how to integrate towards restful APIs, such as GraphQL
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of git