Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our customers, who may want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company hiring...
A well respected, successful publisher of books and education content in East Africa is tackling digital head on. From the CEO on down the company is positioning itself as the provider of choice for content regardless of the distribution channel. They already have some products and need a leaders to help them both, refine and grow those products as well as innovate new products that will help the business grow.
About the role...
This is a leadership role reporting to the CEO. It includes a mix of business performance, organizational management, and technical vision. You will own all technology systems, infrastructure, and platforms. This includes scaling new products and maintaining existing tech. You'll also lead a small team of 3-4 engineers.
- Set the structure and goals for the engineering team and provide technical direction.
- Manage a team of engineers according to team specific and company wide performance goals.
- Create a culture of initiative, quality, discipline, and data-driven decision making.
- Collaborate with each department to define their needs, user stories, and define solutions.
- Document processes and user tools to ensure successful on-boarding and usage.
- Define and enforce policies around storing, accessing, and using the internet, technology, and data.
- Oversee the technology performance and budget to ensure optimal usage and minimal expenditure.
- Engage and negotiate with suppliers to maximize return on investment.
- Maintain technical assets including hardware (servers, computers, phones) and software systems.
- Review the codebase for optimization and scaling opportunities.
- Research and recommend system improvements driven by a clear, high ROI business case.
- Develop the technical implementation roadmap and guide architecture and infrastructure decisions.
- Collaborate with new product development to design and develop scalable technical platforms.
- Provide meticulous documentation and quality control.
- Develop and direct network security to reduce the risk of breaches and protect sensitive information.
- Full-stack web generalist with experience in e-commerce, user focused, content-heavy platforms.
- Frameworks - jQuery, Node.js, Laravel, Android-SDK
- Databases - MySQL, NoSQL
- Web - SEO, USSD
- Systems - Microsoft NAV ERP, Office365 Email
- Infrastructure - Power, Internet, Virtual Machines, Server Management, Citrix Netscaler Gateway
- Business - Negotiation, Budgeting, Employee Evaluation, Presentation, Analysis