Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our customers, who may want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company hiring...
Using a cloud technology platform, the company delivers supply chain as a service by connecting SMEs, global suppliers and end customers such as government agencies, NGOs and corporates. Based on trust, transparency and collaboration, we are building a global trade network that is both secure and inclusive.
About the role...
The company is looking for a highly empathetic and collaborative Product Manager who is passionate about building products that solve the needs of entrepreneurs, so they can serve the global market. Product is the functionality - the features, the technology that enables this functionality, the user experience design that presents the functionality, how we monetize this functionality, how we attract and acquire users and customers, and the offline experiences that are essential to delivering the product’s value. A product manager has all pieces; the technology sophistication, business savvy, credibility with key stakeholders, deep customer knowledge, passion for the product, and the respect of their product team. You need to be an integrative thinker with extreme attention-to-detail, a strong presenter, a great problem-solver, and a hard worker. In this role you will work closely with leadership and other members of the team to help shape the future of the company.
Note: This role will be based in either Nairobi or Kigali
What will you do?
- Join a fast-paced, smart, and fun team that is united by work that matters
- Define and maintain an evolving roadmap, and help communicate the prioritization of work
- Work closely with engineering, data science, research, and design to deliver on roadmap
- Provide visibility and transparency to build trust within the team, to other teams, and with senior management on the vision and strategy for your product
- Break down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with a minimal amount of work
- Build cross functional consensus on product strategy, design, and technical decisions
- Drive adoption and usage of features
- Create great team morale, shares best practices, and mentor others
Who are you?
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in a similar role
- You’re comfortable engaging in technical conversations.
- You’re a great listener, empathetic and analytic.
- You understand complex systems and simplify topics.
- You’re results oriented. You can cut to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done and when, and work with the teams to get solutions shipped.
- You’re looking for a startup environment with serious ability to create social impact.
- You thrive in ambiguity.