About the role:
Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company and role:
The company is looking for an experienced technology and business leader to manage technology projects with a social purpose. They provide top tier technical program leadership to NGO’s, large commercial clients and technology startups. With a heavy focus on agriculture, finance, and social services, they offer project and program leadership that allows clients to realize technology vision with confidence.
With roots in global business consulting and large global foundations, the company was founded to address the need for strong technology leadership in programs that engage the commercial market and the NGO community. They conduct light tech strategy work, develop business cases and requirements, lead design and development efforts, and management the whole process for our clients to reduce their risk and deliver quality systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Technical Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing business, technical and program requirements for a technical program that builds the business case, identifies technology components (custom and off the shelf), and leads the integration and ultimate delivery and operation of the system. They are looking for a strong technical leader with a history of delivering technical systems to join our team for this project.
The role starts as a contractor position for 90-120 days with the option for permanent hire.
Day to Day, the Sr. Tech Project Manager will develop requirements and validate the business case, collaborate with other team members, work with the client to validate their requirements, develop and manage the project plan, coordinate technical resources, develop executive summaries to advance the program and oversee the implementation of the solution.
Qualifications and Skills
They are looking for a leader with strong technical background and good consulting skills who is ready to jump in and apply technical leadership excellence to new and challenging business domains.
- Lead the planning and implementation/delivery of all technical project
- May include light strategy, business case, agile, waterfall, market analysis, technical project management.
- Set goals and deliverables for the project team
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Management of project budgets while supporting Finance and Accounting teams in conducting financial analysis on projects to manage and understand the cost of delivery, margins, projections and where to optimize efforts and leverage resources.
- Provide direction and support to the project team
- Constantly monitor and report on the progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Continuous project evaluations and assessment of results
- Maintains project management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Performs risk management for the different projects he/she is working on
- Manage project resource allocation
- Develop techniques for distributing and delivering tasks within the team based on the project and team requirements
- Build and implement best practices for performing tasks.
- Project evaluation on progress on a regular basis.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Customer relationship management
- Planning and organization
- Commercial Awareness
- Good presentation skills
- Technical Leadership
- Team work
- BA or BS degree (CS, IT, Marketing, Business Administration or Commerce)
- Masters degree a plus
- Qualification in project management and 5+ years leading technology projects
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management tools and techniques.
· Needs to figure things out and is driven to find a solution
· Engaging with clients, team and a variety of citizens impacted by the solutions
· Analytical and driven
· Fun and loves to build teams and consensus